PACIFIC QUAY POWERBOATS GLASGOW TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- 1. Bookings can be made on an individual basis or a vessel can be exclusively chartered
- 2. All Prices are in Pounds Sterling
- 3. All passengers prior to boarding the vessel must have paid for their booking in full
- 4. All passengers must arrive fifteen minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. This is to ensure that all passengers are prepared for the trip and are wearing life jackets and suitable clothing.
- 5. Failure to arrive fifteen minutes before the scheduled departure time may, at the total discretion of Pacific Quay Powerboats, result in the cancellation of the passengers booking.
- 6a. Pacific Quay Powerboats are not responsible for factors that may lead to a passenger missing their trip, including; transport delays, weather conditions, parking issues and illness, and no refunds or reschedules will be given.
- 6b. Passengers are responsible for checking that they arrive at the correct departure point for their trip. No refunds or reschedules will be issued for missed trips.
- 7. Powerboats Glasgow Ltd. reserve the right, if necessary, to deviate from a vessel’s advertised route, or change any time or day of a booking or cancel any booking with or without prior notice to the passenger.
- 8. Powerboats Glasgow Ltd. will only refund the cost of any cancelled booking if another trip has not been offered, which is at the discretion of Powerboats Glasgow Ltd., and the cancellation has been made by Powerboats Glasgow Ltd. not the passenger.
- 9. Powerboats Glasgow Ltd. reserve the right to alter your booking time or day of the vessel if the minimum passenger numbers for sailing have not been reached fifteen minutes before departure.
- 10. Passengers requests to change a booking time/date must be a minimum of 7 days in advance are completely at Pacific Quay Powerboats discretion and will be subject to availability and a £25 admin fee.
- 11. Pacific Quay Powerboats will not be liable for any expense, loss of time, disappointment, inconvenience, or any other consequential loss suffered by the passenger in the event of a cancellation or postponement of a booking.
- 12. A valid booking confirmation must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Pacific Quay Powerboats and/or its employees and/or its agents.
- 13. Any person attempting to gain admission to the vessel, or being found in the vessel without a valid booking confirmation, may be removed from the vessel and the pontoon.
- 14. All bookings are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be re-sold without prior consent of Pacific Quay Powerboats.
- 15. If Pacific Quay Powerboats reasonably believes that a booking has been re-sold without prior consent or has been purchased from any individual, company or organisation other than Pacific Quay Powerboats, then the booking may be cancelled.
- 16. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, at all time, proof of age may require to be exhibited to Pacific Quay Powerboats.
- 17. Exclusive charter bookings can only be made by persons aged 18 and over.
- 18. All prices are subject to change without notification.
- 19. Pacific Quay Powerboats may act as a Managing Agent for large groups and boats may be supplied by alternate companies. In this instance you will be covered by their insurance and the relevant companies terms and conditions will be forwarded to you.
- 20. Any person booking online and wanting to be in the same boat with passengers on an existing booking must notify the office and quote the booking ID. Pacific Quay Powerboats cannot guarantee availability on separate bookings.
- 21. Please note all advertised trip times are approximate timings only
- 22. A child is defined as a person under the age of 16
Medical Conditions and Pregnancy
- 1. Pacific Quay Powerboats do not allow pregnant women or people with existing back complaints/ heart complaints to travel on our boats due to safety reasons.
- 2. Passengers must advise Pacific Quay Powerboats before booking of any medical conditions or disabilities that the passenger(s) are suffering from or have ever suffered from prior to booking, particularly, dizzy spells, epilepsy, back/bone conditions and diabetes (this is not an exhaustive list).
- 3. Pacific Quay Powerboats will not accept any liability for personal injury, or injury to others and passengers participate entirely at their own risk.
Complaints, Claims and Incidents
- 1. If the vessel has to return to the pontoon due to passenger illness or passenger anxiety or weather conditions (this is not an exhaustive list) Pacific Quay Powerboats has no obligation to provide passengers with a refund or a replacement trip.
- 2. Replacement trips will only ever be offered at the total discretion of Pacific Quay Powerboats.
- 3. Any passenger complaints should be made in writing within fourteen days of the complaint and addressed to either John Hillis, Pacific Quay Powerboats, Ground Floor, 8 Claremont Terrace, Park, Glasgow, G3 7XR.
- 4. Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from Pacific Quay Powerboat's negligence, Pacific Quay Powerboats and/or its employees and/or its agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any trip undertaken and/or during evacuation from the vessel in the event of breakdown or accident.
- 5. Pacific Quay Powerboats and/or its employees and/or its agents cannot be held responsible for the weather conditions during your trip.
- 6. Pacific Quay Powerboats and/or its employees and/or its agents cannot be held responsible if the trip is cancelled, postponed, delayed or reduced in length or time due to the instructions or advice from a third party such as The Maritime Costal Agency, Peel Ports Clydeport, Emergency Services (this is not an exhaustive list). Refunds or replacement trips will only be offered at the absolute discretion of Pacific Quay Powerboats.
Video Recording and Photography
- 1. Pacific Quay Powerboats and/or its employees and/or its agents reserve the right to use photographic equipment and/or video recordings and/or other monitoring equipment on or in the vicinity of the vessel which may feature passengers for advertising or promotional materials. Ownership of any intellectual property rights to the photographs and/or video recordings vests in Pacific Quay Powerboats absolutely.
- 2. Pacific Quay Powerboats allow passengers to take their own photographs and video recordings from a seated position only and Pacific Quay Powerboats accepts no responsibility if any photographic or video recording equipment is lost or damaged during the trip.
- 3. Pacific Quay Powerboats will only take photographs/video recordings using their own equipment.
- 4. Pacific Quay Powerboats, and/or its employees and/or its agents will not use passenger’s photographic or video recording equipment.
- 5. Pacific Quay Powerboats reserves the right to refuse the sale of any photograph or video recording.
- 6. Pacific Quay Powerboats may, in its absolute discretion, supply a complimentary photograph on certain trips and through ticket resellers. For example, birthdays, anniversaries and stag or hen parties, (this is not an exhaustive list).
- 7. Pacific Quay Powerboats bears no responsibility if photographic equipment is not working and clients are unable to purchase or receive a complimentary photo/video recording of their experience.
Clothing and Personal Belongings
- 1. Passengers should come prepared with suitable clothing that will not be damaged by exposure to water or sunlight.
- 2. Pacific Quay Powerboats reserves the right to refuse entry onto the vessel if a passenger does not have suitable clothing and refunds are wholly at the discretion of Pacific Quay Powerboats.
- 3. Pacific Quay Powerboats allows passengers to bring personal belongings onto the vessel, however Pacific Quay Powerboats will accept no responsibility if any personal belongings are damaged or lost at any time whilst on the vessel.
- 4. Pacific Quay Powerboats accepts no responsibility if any personal belongings are damaged, lost or stolen at any time whilst on the pier
- 5. All safety equipment and protective clothing issued, remains the property of Pacific Quay Powerboats and must be returned at the end of the journey. Any items removed from the boarding area will be considered stolen and the lead passenger will be required to pay for such items.
Other Terms and Conditions
- 1. All trips have a maximum number of 10 passengers.
- 2. The minimum weight of any passenger is 15kg (2.36 stone). Any passenger below this weight will not be permitted onto the vessel.
- 3. Pacific Quay Powerboats reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to the vessels, any person who:
- a. has been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of Pacific Quay Powerboats, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other passengers.
- b. has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of Pacific Quay Powerboats, has, or is likely to have an affect on the safety or enjoyment of other passengers.
- c. has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour to other passengers, other members of the public, or Pacific Quay Powerboats and/or its employees and/or its agents, or in any way behaves in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner.
- d. is or appears to be or has been under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances.
- 4. Failure to adhere to any instruction issued by Pacific Quay Powerboats and/or its employees and/or its agents may lead to the cancellation or postponement of the trip and/or the removal of any passenger failing to adhere to these instructions from the vessel and/or the pontoon.
- 5. Passengers must be seated at all times during the trip other than when instructed by Pacific Quay Powerboats and/or its employees and/or its agents.
- 6. Passengers must wear life jackets at all times during the trip .
- 7. All offensive weapons or dangerous articles are strictly prohibited from the vessel and or the pontoon.
- 8. Passengers may be requested to have their personal belongings searched by Pacific Quay Powerboats.
- 9. Pets or animals of any nature are strictly prohibited on the vessel and or the pontoon without the prior permission of Pacific Quay Powerboats.
- 10. Smoking is strictly prohibited on the vessel and or the pontoon.
- 11. Unnecessary noise, such as from the use of radio sets, mobile phones, video cameras and any other electrical equipment or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other passengers or confusion of any kind is not permitted on the vessel and/or the pontoon.
- 12. Consumption of food and beverages are strictly prohibited whilst aboard the vessel unless specifically permitted by Pacific Quay Powerboats.
- 13. Pacific Quay Powerboats requires a mobile contact number for the lead passenger when the booking is made.
- 14. If any passenger deliberately or accidentally manually inflates an automatic life jacket other than when they are expressly instructed to do so by Pacific Quay Powerboats and/or its employers and/or its agents then, Pacific Quay Powerboats has the right to request a payment and the passenger has an absolute obligation to pay £75.00 for its re-assembly.
- 15. Pacific Quay Powerboats merchandise is for sale, subject to availability; all prices are subject to change.
- 16. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable by any judicial or other competent authority, all other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect and will not in any way be impaired. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part or parts of these Terms and Conditions were deleted, the term and/or condition in question will apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it valid and enforceable.
Our vouchers, applicable for a maximum of 10 seats on the Coffee and Donut Run, The Sundowner, the City Sightseer or Skippered Private Charter are valid for 9 months from the date of purchase. Provided the recipient calls to book before the expiry date as displayed on the voucher itself, their chosen date of travel may exceed the 9 month deadline by three months. I.e. they must travel within the year. To extend the expiry date for a further 3 months (i.e. to travel within 15 months) an additional payment of £25 (admin fee) will need to be made prior to the voucher’s original date of expiry. Failure to redeem a voucher (either on or before the displayed expiry date) will result in the voucher’s expiry; client’s being unable to travel without further payment. Please note:- selected dates of travel will apply.